[tei-council] Suggestion for a new Guidelines TOC document

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed May 15 09:38:26 EDT 2013

In its presentation as a bare list, "Some Popular Sections" is IMO redundant
with the TOC outline. It does offer the newbie some guidance about where to
start. But an alternative might be to eliminate it and substitute a prominent
link called something like "Where should I start?" that would go to a page
with some suggestions about where to look for different kinds of information--in
effect, an annotated version of "Some Popular Sections".

But both mockups are already strong improvements over status quo.

David

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> my initial feeling is that the subset "Popular sections" looks odd and unnecessary now that you see the full TOC.
>
> it does need some colour, or graphics, or icons, or summat....
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research) of Academic IT
> University of Oxford IT Services

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA