[tei-council] kill the classes

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 6 10:41:32 EDT 2013

On 6 May 2013, at 15:26, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> ...so maybe @except only looks at element declarations.

yup. if you ask for a module, you get the classes declared therein.
thats the difference between asking for modules and asking
for individual elements.

> My third thought
> was to try just deleting the class  : <classSpec type="atts"
> module="linking" ident="att.global.linking" mode="delete"/>
> That did it. Though it seems a bit, um, heavy...

a teensy bit, I suppose. I am not sure it would bring me out
to man the barricades if I had to write it.

> But shouldn't the other method have worked?
no. see http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-moduleRef.html:

"@except .... supplies a list of the _elements_ which are not to be copied from the specified module into the schema being defined."

I claim the ODD processor is following the spec.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services