[tei-council] xi:include

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 3 07:24:54 EDT 2013

On 3 May 2013, at 11:37, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> On 03/05/13 10:25, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> some of you may be interested in http://dret.net/projects/xslidy/latest/xipr.xsl
>
> whoah, clever stuff
>
> but does this mean that e.g. teitodocx will process  xincludes without my having to do anything about it? now? next release? maybe one day?

half way between next release and one day. i just need to redo all the ant scripts, which is gonna be tedious. I aim to amalgamate a lot
of common code in them, to make them easier to maintain anyway.

two things to bear in mind:

 - you can just write a 2 line script now saying

      xmllint --xinclude $1 > tmp.xml
      teitodocx tmp.xml `basebame $1.xml `.epub

    to get the effect you want. or indeed you could add that to "transformtei" for me, following a --xinclude

- don't expect XInclude to work in e.g. OxGarage, cos I just can't face the issues of failed relative includes

> (I am taking for granted that we will get this in p5 document processing, obviously)

eh? you want more than is in the P5 build already?
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services