[tei-council] hello fraktur fans

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 2 08:17:09 EDT 2013

I want to encode a 17th c document which occasionally breaks out in
spots of that delightful font-family variously known as "black letter",
"gothic" or "fraktur". I don't believe there's any corresponding CSS
property, as I am assuming it's regarded as a font family, but I am not
sure. My guess is that I need something like

font-family : unifraktur cursive;

where "unifraktur" is the name of my desired font and "cursive" is the
name of the font family I'll accept as a fall back

but as I am not an expert in CSS  I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a
better suggestion before exposing myself to further ridicule...