[tei-council] pesky PIs

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 06:17:32 EDT 2013

I know I should have squawked about this before, but this decision to
add PIs for Oxygen to use when validating ODD files has two downsides:

-- it does not work if you are offline (or tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk is
misbehaving, which does happen)
-- it does not help  you validate against some other version of the
schema, for example one you've just modified

Of course, these can both be fixed by editing out the PI or changing it,
but the chances you'll remember to change it back before checking in the
document concerned are not good.

Not sure what to do about it ... but isn't that what catalog files are for?