[tei-council] Today's little puzzle

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Apr 24 20:34:17 EDT 2013

I think there may be a little flaw in yore cunning plan.

The stuff that I'm doing involves counting (for instance) the
<elementSpec>s to find out how many elements there are. However, if I do
this at the same time as expand.xsl is doing the XIncludes, I won't find
any <elementSpec>s, because they don't get included until after the
XIncludes get processed.

So we're going to have to have two distinct steps:

1. Xinclude to build p5.xml or p5subset.xml (what's the difference?)

2. XSLT to expand the PIs and fill in the missing content.

So we might as well use xmllint for the XIncludes and save ten seconds, no?

Or am I missing something?