[tei-council] Today's little puzzle

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 12:09:29 EDT 2013

On 24 Apr 2013, at 17:04, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

> Not quite sure I understand this. Are you suggesting that the PI be matched by a template in the XSLT for the Guidelines build, and the template be integrated into the existing stylesheets?

yes. but to avoid duplication, I suggest we replace the line in the Makefile

	xmllint --xinclude --noxincludenode --dropdtd --noent ${DRIVER} > p5.xml

(which makes a single P5 file used by all subsequent transformations) with
a call to an XSLT transform which does the above, but also implements the PIs.
Then we have a single file, with up to date states, for use by the TEI->XXX transforms.

how hard is xinclude, after all, in the simple way we use it:

<xsl:template math="xi:include">
	<xsl:copy-of select="doc(@href)/*/>
</xsl:template>
Director (Research) of Academic IT