[tei-council] missing listRefs

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri Apr 19 21:52:34 EDT 2013

I find the links from specs to associated chapters of the Guidelines
extremely helpful when exploring elements in the HTML version of the
Guidelines, so we should definitely keep them in some form.  While it's
tempting to have these inserted automatically as part of the build
process (using an algorithm like the one Sebastian suggests), as Martin
notes, there are times when an element is actually first discussed in a
section that doesn't include the element in one of its specList.  I've
seen this in various element specs (though unfortunately no specific
cases come to mind), so the case that Martin cites isn't an outlier.

Perhaps, though, we should just start with the automatic technique
(which Sebastian has already done) but keep an eye out for any that need
adjusting.  Even before he did this, I would occasionally find ptrs to
the wrong section and would file a ticket to report, so we might be no
worse off.

K.