[tei-council] respond by 1 May: summary of and path forward for "no longer recommended" and "deprecated" practices

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 19 12:06:11 EDT 2013

This bit, regarding "no longer recommended", confused me a little:

"We will not add the "no longer recommended" practice to P6-dev. "

Does that mean:

  - The feature which we no longer recommend will be removed from P6.

  - The disrecommendation will be removed from P6.

  - The feature will not be included in the P6-dev page.

Re the To Do #1:

I think the Guidelines themselves should contain an
automatically-generated page or chapter listing deprecated items along
with their validUntil dates. The Guidelines are most people's primary
source of information; we can't assume they read the TEI-L list, read
the release notes or go to the wiki.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)