[tei-council] Fwd: password challenge from svn

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Apr 7 13:46:36 EDT 2013

I use the command line too and I noticed the same behaviour. I thought
about it for a bit and decided I'd rather not be storing my password
locally. I read the SVN book section about this:

<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s02.html>

and this bit:

"The security-paranoid people may be thinking to themselves, “Caching
passwords on disk? That's terrible! You should never do that!” But
please remain calm. First, the auth/ caching area is
permission-protected so that only the user (owner) can read data from
it, not the world at large. If that's still not safe enough for you, you
can disable credential caching. To disable caching for a single command,
pass the --no-auth-cache option..."

convinced me that I'm security-paranoid, because I don't really like the
idea that anyone that hacks a user account on one of my computers can
then get access to my SF account too. So I'm typing it in every time.