[tei-council] Should Roma be doing this?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Apr 6 11:26:00 EDT 2013

[Continuing old thread ...]

I think Martin has hit a nail on the head, here, and that the idea of
separating out the renditional semantics of list/@type into our trio
of renditional attrs is a good one. As for leaving @type to mean "of"
the same way we do with name/@type is worth discussion.

But to re-iterate the point about "ordered": I think of it as a type
(although not an "of" type), not a rendition. To explain -- all lists
are inherintly ordered, but for some the order matters (sequence of
steps to remove a HDD from a laptop), and others it does not (typical
shopping list). Either might have labels that are numbers; either
might not. Perhaps a better value would be "toBeTakenInSequence".