[tei-council] Providence meeting logistics/preferences

Mylonas, Elli elli_mylonas at brown.edu
Fri Apr 5 11:04:38 EDT 2013

Hi all:

Travel to Providence:
This seems to have been thoroughly hashed out earlier. Don't hesitate to
email Syd or me if you need any further information or if you are stuck
somewhere.

Wednesday:
Early arrivals are welcome to get in touch and come up to campus for to
visit and hang out.

Thursday:
I have a swipe card for each of you so you can get past the library lobby.
So either Syd or I will be in the lobby at 8:30 in order to disburse the
cards. I'll repeat this, but I'd like to have the cards back on Saturday,
as they can be re-used.

Food in General:
Are there food allergies, issues, habits and preferences, that you want
known before I buy shrimp flavored peanuts coated with bacon bits for
snacks.   (you can reply to me personally if you prefer)

Food-Coffee and Snacks:
I am planning on providing coffee in a box (1 box in the morning and 1 or 2
in the afternoon), a water boiler and tea bags for tea and various snacks
(breads in the morning, cookies/trail mix in the afternoon) vel sim. If you
think that most of us will prefer to go out and buy higher quality coffee
or if you are all tea or water drinkers, then I won't bother. Same for
snacks.

Food-Lunch:
Should it be provided or do we want to order in pizza or go out to nearby
food places or the food trucks?

Food-Dinner:
Food preferences listed above will play into where we may go for dinner.
However, I propose to invite you to dinner on Thursday chez Mylonas-Durand
(TEI is treating, we're cooking), which will allow for more hanging out
time, the ability to talk to more people than the one sitting next to you
and so onl. Is that agreeable? I live close to campus, and we will provide
rides home.

Entertainment and Meeting Rooms:
Thursday at 5:30 there is a great talk in the DSL (the space where we are
having our meeting). We will have to clear out around 4:30 and move next
door to allow for setup. However, the presentation is being given by John
Cayley, one of our electronic writers, and he is planning on showing some
code-based works (he does a lot of google hacking), but also performing a
new piece, some kind of audio visual text based extravaganza. If you want
to stay for that and do dinner afterwards, that would be great. It might
set the schedule back by about 30 minutes, but well worth it.

Thank you! --elli