[tei-council] Approval of SIG for Computer-Mediated Communication.

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Apr 4 09:54:09 EDT 2013

The proposal, on p.2 under "Members of the core group:", says that the
core group will put their feature requests in SourceForge and then open
up discussion.  I take that to mean that they won't have an open list
that others can join until they pull together these proposals.  I'm not
thrilled about this.  While I have no problem with a group of people
formulating proposals on their own and submitting them to SF without
advertising their intentions in advance, I don't think the TEI-C should
sponsor a SIG that works in a closed way.

James, could you ask them to clarify this statement?  Maybe I'm
misunderstanding how they want to work.  I would actually be fine if
that "core group" put in their proposals and THEN we established the SIG
to foster any discussion of the feature requests that people don't want
to have on the SF tickets, or to discuss proposals additional feature
requests that the core group didn't think of.

Kevin