[tei-council] Fwd: logan-providence

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Apr 3 17:39:45 EDT 2013

On 4/3/2013 5:35 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 03/04/13 22:31, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> On 3 Apr 2013, at 22:23, Lou Burnard<lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
>>    wrote:
>>> There are Amtrak departures from South Station at 1515 1520 1630 ; the
>>> first and last cost $46, the middle one costs $25 (first class)
>>>
>> and you're saying we have to book in advance for these, I think?
>
> dunno. i have bought mine in advance cos i am neurotic about such
> things, but I seem to remember just rolling up and buying my ticket on a
> previous occasion.

You can buy an Amtrak ticket at the station, but it usually costs more
than if you buy in advance because the cheaper tickets have already sold
out.  But if you miss your train because, say, your plane is late,
you've got to buy a new ticket at the station anyway.  An advantage to
the MBTA, I suspect, is that there's just one price.