[tei-council] Testing tagging under the Allura system

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sun Mar 17 20:29:08 EDT 2013

Our TCW 22 (Building a TEI Release) document includes the following
instructions for creating a tag:

<quote>
Every time a new release is made, a "tag" is created consisting of a
complete copy of the P5 tree at release time. You can do this from the
command line on your own computer. This is how to do it:

svn copy https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/trunk/P5
https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/tags/P5_release_X.X.X -m
"Tagging the X.X.X release of P5."

where X.X.X is your new release. Supply your SourceForge credentials
when prompted.
</quote>

I suspect this will no longer work, or if it does for the moment, it'll
stop working in the future. I want to test what should be the new
equivalent some time in the next few days, so if you see me creating a
unnecessary tag, that's what's happening; I'll delete it when I'm sure
I've got the new syntax and paths right.