[tei-council] Fwd: Re: TEI Project at SourceForge; Subversion Repository; Issue trackers

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Mar 14 20:51:41 EDT 2013

James (and others),

Given that the IDs of tracker items were unfortunately not maintained in
the upgrade, I guess we will need to keep the PURL system resolving only
to tracker rather than repurposing it for the new syntax.  Are we going
to create a new PURL syntax that resolves to the new SF system or not
bother, instead using the fairly human-friendly URLs of the new system
without bothering with any sort of PURL?

Did any part of the upgrade process say how long the redirects would be
maintained by SourceForge?  Based on that answer, do we have a sense of
how much value there is in updating URLs in old TCM documents etc. to
point to the new tracker URLs?  That is, at some point these links will
break, but it can be helpful to reconstruct a discussion to look at the
ticket.  On the other hand, the longer ago something was, the less
likely it is that we will need to (or bother to) dig so deep.

Kevin