[tei-council] <styleDefDecl> and @scheme

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Mar 14 18:05:47 EDT 2013

On 13-03-14 02:35 PM, Syd Bauman wrote:
> What are the pros and cons you see of adding a new @schemVersion
> rather than adding "css2.1" and "css3" as values to the existing
> @scheme?

There are two cons of adding e.g. "css2.1":

1. We'd have to keep adjusting the allowed value list every time a new
version of CSS begins the route to recommendation.

2. Other style languages may be added at some point, and they may have
their own versions, so it makes sense to separate the versions from the
family names.

Cons for the new attribute are that it's a new attribute, and we have
hundreds of them already. :-)

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)