[tei-council] <styleDefDecl> and @scheme

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Mar 14 17:25:18 EDT 2013

Hi there,

A discussion in the Text Directionality Working Group has thrown up the
following issue:

<styleDefDecl scheme="css"> is perhaps not granular enough, in that it
does not allow specification of the version of CSS in use. Would it be a
good idea to add @schemeVersion so that users could specify e.g. CSS 2.1
or 3?

While looking at this, I noticed that <styleDefDecl> and <rendition>
both have @scheme attributes, locally defined, which have the same legal
values. Shouldn't this be an attribute class? (I have a vague memory of
a discussion about this before, but I can't find any trace of it;
forgive me if this has already been dealt with.)

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)