[tei-council] Sourceforge Upgrade

James Cummings james.cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 12 19:28:22 EDT 2013

I'm going to assume that we aren't switching to git as a technology for the Guidelines repo since I believe that is what we decided at our last face to face when discussing it.  Presumably we could do this at a later stage?

I'll post the warning message to TEI-L that I've drafted in the morning, then another when the process is complete noting that there may be some mistaken URLs in places until we get a chance to fix them.

Best
James

--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
Some would argue we should use this opportunity to convert from Subversion to Git
(within the same Sourceforge setup).

I just took some pleasure in removing passivetex, Vesta, tei-emacs, javalib, and
XSLT 1.0 TEI stylesheets from Sourceforge, and taking them off to Github. It
leaves the room a little bare, but all the better for that.

The conversion from SVN to Git is surprisingly (or not) easy.
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services