[tei-council] @xml:lang

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 09:07:23 EST 2013

On 07/03/13 13:52, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> a) attribute xml:lang { data.langauge | "" }
>> OR
>> b) data.language = xsd:language | ""
>> I.e., not asking whether xml:lang= should allow empty values (of
>> course it should), but whether or not the *other* things that are
>> declared as data.language should allow empty values, too. (I'll have
>> to look and see what I think.)
> that's a very fair point. I may well have jumped prematurely to b);
> easy enough to change over, obviously.

data.language is used by
Class:
att.global/@xml:lang
att.pointing/@targetLang

Element:
langKnowledge/@tags
langKnown/@tag
language/@ident
schemaSpec/@targetLang
schemaSpec/@docLang
textLang/@mainLang
textLang/@otherLangs

In most cases I think these should be the same as whatever we
decide for xml:lang so on the face of it I'm still in the 'go
ahead' camp.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk