[tei-council] sluice your glosses

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 28 07:25:42 EST 2013

I incline to think that lou is problematising this. Give an element or attribute a <desc> field,
and let the ODD author put in there whatever is needed to explain it to the user. if
that involves prefixing it "(line break)", that's fine by me.

Norm Walsh doesn't feel the need at http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/lhs.html
to be explicit that "lhs" stands for left hand side", it is better done in his "The left-hand side of an EBNF production"

if we didn't have <gloss>, would anyone ever ask for it?
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services