[tei-council] sluice your glosses

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Feb 27 20:24:25 EST 2013

Since we go around telling people that you shouldn't read element names
literally -- for example, that a <monogr> can include things that you
don't think of as a "monograph" and that <msDesc> can be used to
describe early printed books, not just handwritten manuscripts -- it
seems to me that doing away with <gloss> in element specs, as Lou and
Sebastian suggest, would be in line with what we say.

Lou said in his message "Otherwise we'll never finish" [if we don't do
this], though I'm not sure what he means.

--Kevin