[tei-council] TE Council Meeting in April.

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Feb 7 18:34:33 EST 2013

Just to reiterate what Elli has already said -- flying from within
the U.S., and I daresay Canada, you do better to fly into T. F. Green
airport (PVD). Busses from airport to downtown Providence are $2.
Depending on when you are arriving or departing, I can likely give
some folks rides.

Flying internationally you probably do best to fly into Boston's
Logan airport (BOS). I am not likely to be able to pick up & drop off
folks at Logan. A commercial bus[1] takes > 1.5 hrs, but costs only
$28. (You can purchase tickets on the bus -- I suppose in theory if
the bus were full, you'd be out of luck, but I have never seen one
1/2 full, let alone full.) The train[2] involves taking a "Silver
line" bus from the airport to the train station. Overall it is a
little faster or slower than the commercial bus depending on layover,
etc. Costs a little less and has (slow) free wireless. However,
trains don't run very often.

Notes
-----
[1] Use http://peterpanbus.com/, enter "Boston Logan Arpt, MA" and
    "Providence Kennedy Plz BZ, RI" as your destinations.

[2] Use http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/trip_planner/ and plug in
    "Air - Logan Airport (Terminal E)" and "Providence Station" as
    your destinations.