[tei-council] TE Council Meeting in April.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 02:34:58 EST 2013

On 01/02/13 16:55, Mylonas, Elli wrote:
>> Did we finally decide that Thursday 11, Friday 12 , and Saturday 13 April
>> were the best dates?
> Those work for me. Saturday is easier w/ respect to room availability.
>> Does anyone have any serious objections to the last day being a Saturday?
>> I'll assume everyone is good with this unless you respond in the next couple
>> days.

Hi all, I'm now assuming these dates are good for everyone.
Please put these into your calendar now. No, not later, right
now. ;-)

> I have requested the Digital Scholarship Lab for those days. If there
> is a class in it, we can move next door for an hour or two. There are
> at least 2 rooms for breakouts in the same building (room next to DSL,
> my office conference table), and possibly one or two more.

That sounds perfect!

>> - We'll need at least reservations for lunch at some places that will take a
>> group our size each day.
> yup, or can cater it

Also good. Maybe cater on Thurs/Fri and go out on the Sat?

> Brown doesn't have official discounts, but I can ask around. Or give
> you names so you can try for them on hotels.com.

Let us know which you'd prefer, there are obvious benefits if
those staying in hotels stay at the same one.  (We get to debate
issues over breakfast ;-) )

>> - Is it helpful for some of us to gives talks (possibly the day before, weds
>> 10) on our TEI-related work? Are locals interested or fed up with hearing
>> about it from you. :-)
> I was thinking about shilling for TEI talks to the Boston DH
> consortium, to see if anyone wants to be invited, maybe get some
> travel defrayed.  John Unsworth, as treasurer, has a vested interest
> in keeping costs down.

Let us know if and how many volunteers from Council you might
need since this will affect any travel/hotel bookings we make.

Best,
-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk