[tei-council] TE Council Meeting in April.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 10:53:07 EST 2013

Hi Elli, (CC'ed rest of Council)

Looking at http://www.doodle.com/58khxi5tk9eieg3i

Did we finally decide that Thursday 11, Friday 12 , and Saturday
13 April were the best dates?

Does anyone have any serious objections to the last day being a
Saturday? I'll assume everyone is good with this unless you
respond in the next couple days.

If not we better start organising!

Questions/requirements that occur to me are:
- We'll need a room for 12-15 people and some areas we can go for
informal small breakout groups?
- We'll definitely need wifi available. ;-)
- We usually either book coffee breaks from whatever catering
you'd normally use (or if there is a really close place to buy
such refreshments)
- We'll need at least reservations for lunch at some places that
will take a group our size each day.
- Do you know if there is any benefit of doing the hotel booking
en masse via you (i.e. Brown gets discount or something) or is
better to do individually? (We've done both ways before). Can you
recommend a reasonable nearby hotel with wifi?
- Is it helpful for some of us to gives talks (possibly the day
before, weds 10) on our TEI-related work? Are locals interested
or fed up with hearing about it from you. :-)

There are some other things on
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Council-Meeting-Checklist but
that's a start!

Best,