[tei-council] automated oxygen update

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 08:54:04 EST 2013

if you use oXygen, try using an experimental TEI framework add-on.

  a) Go to Preferences Document Type Associations and untick all the existing TEI things
  b) Go to Preferences/add-ons and add http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/updateSite.xml
  c) go to Help/Manage add-ons and install the "tei" one

all being well, you'll get tei 2.3.0 locally

note that you only need to a) once, and that from now on you'll get automatic updates
(assuming we keep the updateSite.xml up to date)

obviously we need a proper canonical location for the XML file, and procedures
to keep it up to date, but I thought it might be helpful if a few people tested it first.

if we get this right, I'd say its a considerably good thing…..
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services