[tei-council] streamlining release procedures

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 20 13:02:36 EST 2013

After the lengthy delays on Thursday night, I spent some time trying to make the
beastly process of building TEI P5 go faster. Some things I can't help
(like the ever-damned Amazon "kindlegen" programme, and TeX), but
rearranging and grouping jobs, avoiding duplication, and profilng XSL
has taken the build down to nearer 35 minutes than the hour or more
previously. Still, there are limits. We make over 21000 HTML files
as part of the process,  and that is always going to be slow.

anyway, changes submitted, last run on tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk timed at 35 minutes.
hurrah.
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services