[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Jan 10 19:06:02 EST 2013

I'm certainly an interested party, but I'm not sufficiently well
versed in the happenings since the ODD meeting to speak
intelligently. I can go back through the archives, etc., but
honestly, I'm still trying to catch up on the rest of the
conversations that have occurred over past couple of months. Maybe you
two can quickly frame the discussion. Here is what I infer has
happened. Let me know if and where I'm off target.

* Since the dawn of P5, if an <elementSpec> says "I am a member of
  att.foo", it gains the attrs defined in att.foo.

* Since shortly thereafter (and before release of P5) an element
  could also say "but I don't want that one" using <attDef
  mode="delete">.

* The Guidelines, however, only take advantage of this capability to
  remove @subtype from <abbr> and <title>. Users, of course, can do
  it in their own customization ODDs all they want. (One could,
  supposedly, delete all the attributes that are part of att.foo.)

* Something happened this summer to make this more obvious or easier.

How am I doing so far?