[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:21:29 EST 2013

On 10/01/13 22:17, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
 > when you see that <abbr> joins att.typed, but eschews what it
considers the affectation of @subtype, does that bother you slightly less?

No, it bothers me just as much

 > seriously, if you think this is making a rent in the space-time
continuum through which Evil may flow, speak now, cos I have already
used it in several places.

Well, yes, metaphors apart it does seem to me that if we allow
attributes to be deleted from some members of an attribute class, but
not others, we are rather calling into question just what "membership of
an attribute class" means.