[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:09:17 EST 2013

On 10/01/13 21:57, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2013, at 21:45, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
>   wrote:
>
>> But if you're making them all take a mime type then surely they *are*
>> all "internet media"?
> only <media> has it compulsory, tho

Ah yes, I had forgotten that we now have the ability to make things
members of a class, and then tweak what that membership means a bit in
some cases.
In this case (making it mandatory for one class member, but not the
others) this seems like a very good idea, but ...

Using the same trick to actually *remove* an attribute provided by the
class (i.e. @url on binaryObject) is pretty mind-blowing though. Being
in an att class means you get the attributes that class provides -- what
sort of club allows you to claim you're a member of it even if you
refuse to wear the club colours?