[tei-council] another High Noon proposal

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Jan 10 14:28:03 EST 2013

On 13-01-10 10:25 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 10/01/13 16:30, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> On 10 Jan 2013, at 16:21, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
>>    wrote:
>>
>>> Good, but I don't like att.graphical. <media> may perfectly well be
>>> audio, or some other things that doesn't exist yet. How about att.media,
>>> and how about making it a member of att.internetMedia, so the members
>>> inherit @mimeType through that?
>>>
>> ok
>>

> if you're going to make mimetype obligatory, why not just add all the
> other attributes to the existing att.internetMedia class?

Because there's nothing explicitly "internet" about media files,
presumably. A mime type is actually an "Internet Media Type"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_media_type>, but these other
things are not.

I'd be in favour of putting @mimeType in att.media, though, and getting
rid of its class.

> (I still think requiring mimetype is a bad idea, btw)

Why?

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)