[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 14:08:33 EST 2013

Not sure about that. Some TEI datatypes provide both information about
both what sort of value this is and also how it should be used.
data.enumerated, for example says "the value should (actually or
potentially) come from a fixed list of possible values". It also says
"the value looks like an XML name". If we found a way of implementing
enumerations which didn't need the additional constraint of being a
name, then we'd change the mapping of data.enumerated

Simly, I think I'd prefer to retain (or reinsert) data.key for its
ability to say "this is an identifier of some non-pointerly kind that
everyone recognizes" distinct from data.word -- the latter (analogously
to data.name) provides only information that this thing has certain
syntactic constraints.