[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 10:56:09 EST 2013

Syd's useful analysis explains, I think, what happened. We set up data.code with the
intention of it being a special case of linking to a set of known values, but then
forgot the plan and made it a pointer instead.

> So I'm thinking (reiterating some of
> this thread) we have three choices:
>
> * change @ed to data.pointer,..
> * change @ed to data.enumerated
> * change @ed to data.enumerated, and provide @edRef as a
>  data.pointer.

everyone who has spoken seems in favour of the last of these - any objections?
(though I think I'd say data.key not data.enumerated, as that seems to fit
the "everyone knows" case of "1661 edition" better)
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services