[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sat Jan 5 18:28:26 EST 2013

On 1/5/13 6:16 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> That's why it was originally defined in this way
>> at any rate. Insisting that it become a pointer seems a bit harsh to me.
>
> well, except that it _is_ a pointer, and has been so for 4 years now....

Given that the prose and the datatype of the attribute haven't matched
for four years, and given that validators don't resolve pointers, it
seems to me that if we don't want to create @edRef (as Gabby suggests),
we should revert the data type to match the prose.

However, I have no problem with the solution Gabby proposes.  I am
generally well disposed to having parallel structures (in this case,
@lemma : @lemmaRef :: @ed : @edRef).

--K.