[tei-council] att.sourced (<lb ed="1674">) contradiction

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 17:10:00 EST 2013

I think most people who actually use @ed are quite comfortable with the
idea of referring to an edition by means of a siglum such as "1815" or
"Blenkinsop" without any particular need to point to an explanation of
what that edition is. That's why it was originally defined in this way
at any rate. Insisting that it become a pointer seems a bit harsh to me.
So my vote is for (a).

>>> b. define @ed to be a pointer and take a uri