[tei-council] <when>/@absolute and dateTime values

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Jan 1 13:27:51 EST 2013

That makes sense, and I'll make the relevant changes. This text, though:

"If it is likely that the value used is to be compared with another,
then a time zone indicator should always be included, and only the
dateTime representation should be used."

needs to be changed a bit to make it clear that what we mean here is
comparison with an external datetime source, because in a TEI
<timeline>, as shown in the example below, the @absolute value is
arguably always being compared with other internal values such as those
specified in @interval.