[tei-council] http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 27 13:22:26 EST 2012

I believe that there will need to be an explicit '@type="gloss"' on the <list>
element for it to render properly, based on the existing stylesheet expectations
(cf. http://www.tei-c.org/xsl/tei2.xsl at liine 1453).

The XSLT powering the site probably needs some wholesale revision; I've always
been hesitant to experiment with that as my memory is that you actually have to
"publish" the modified XSLT files to get them to apply the transforms, meaning
you can't test changes in the offline version only. But maybe we can test that
some more, say on New Year's Eve, when few people are likely to notice if the
site breaks...

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> David Sewell as TEI webmaster and I as assistant webmaster control the
> XSLT for this and all other pages on www.tei-c.org that are rendered
> from TEI source documents, which I happen to know can be found at:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/xsl/tei2.xsl
>
> I'll look into fixing the bug.
>
> In the meantime, at the bottom of http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/ ,
> if you click "XML view", it gives you:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/index.xml?style=raw
>
> from which you can see the filenames.
>
> On 12/27/12 12:39 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> This page has a nonsense bit about extra data files - it fails to give the file name! Who controls the xslt? I assume it fails to render gloss lists.
>>
>> Sebastian
>>
>> Carved in stone on my iPad

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA