[tei-council] More Chapter 8 oddities

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 26 23:17:57 EST 2012

Can anyone explain why the transcription in this example:

<http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/TS.html#index-egXML-d51e63744>

in this section (in case the egXML id turns out to be transitory):

<http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/TS.html#TSBA>

lacks apostrophes in e.g. "isnt" or "dont"? The text says "It is recoded
from a text originally transcribed in the CHILDES format", which I know
nothing about, so perhaps there is some historical reason for omitting
the apostrophe, but I see no reason for it in this context, where it's
just exemplifying encoding of a transcription.