[tei-council] tagUsage/@render

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 21 05:57:09 EST 2012

while attempting to make examples of this, I found an anomaly.

I want to say that <said> is always rendered with double quote marks fore and aft. So in the header I write

     <rendition xml:id="prequote" scheme="css" scope="before">content:"‘";</rendition>
      <rendition xml:id="postquote" scheme="css"	 scope="after">content:"’";</rendition>
      <namespace name="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0">
	<tagUsage gi="said" render="#prequote #postquote"/>
      </namespace>

notice that because I need content added before _and_ after, I have to define two <rendition>, with different @scope
values. This means the tagUSage needs to point to _both_ rendition rules.

Flaw: @render is only allowed one value.

Action: I have changed the datatype to allow multiple space-separates values.

Justification: I claim this is a corrigible error

You: if you disagree, shout at me
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services