[tei-council] some questions about non-textual components and media

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 04:36:17 EST 2012

On 18/12/12 17:10, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Bringing this discussion to the Council list for a minute:
>
> There's a ticket relating to handling of audio and video has already
> been open for a long time (and is assigned to me, although it's red):
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2724997&group_id=106328&atid=644065>
>
> Council minutes from April this year show that we discussed it:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/tcm50.xml>

> and the action list shows we then postponed any action pending a report
> from Lou from a workshop on speech and video. That was taking place in
> October or November IIRC, and I can't remember if Lou reported back or not.

Well, in fact I wrote a lengthy report and circulated it to Council
shortly after the meeting (it's still online at
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw25.xml
but it did not seem to have provoked much discussion, or indeed been
noticed. I can also report  a conversation with Thomas Schmidt at a
conference in Bordeaux last
week, where he re-expressed the desire to progress the ideas in his jTEI
paper, by formulating some detailed tutorial material, with an
accompanying ODD, for evaluation by a group of european experts.

So I think this is progressing along the lines vaguely suggested in the
ticket referred to.