[tei-council] meeting problem

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 05:24:20 EST 2012

On 3 Dec 2012, at 10:06, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> You can't have an optional occurrence of meeting followed by another
> optional occurrence of meeting. Which one is a poor non-looking-ahead
> parser supposed to believe?
indeed. the problem is that meeting is now occurring as a sibling of
<author> _and_ as a sibling of <note> later on. Since everything in
<monogr> is optional, this will always cause a non-determinism error.

I have dealt with the error by removing the option of <meeting> occurring
interleaved with <note>. We cant have it both ways.

obviously this is trivial to undo if I jumped the the wrong way

that manual content model of <monogr> is truly evil, by the way. But
i feel too ill to attempt an alternative simplification.
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services