[tei-council] whither HTML of Guidelines and @lang

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 10:15:05 EST 2012

On 23 Nov 2012, at 14:49, Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I don't disagree with any of this. I should stress that I was asking,
> "Do *we* really need [for technical reasons] validation as part of our
> output process?"

for my part, the answer is yes, as the same process is used to make epub,
and that has strict validation.

> But we also need to produce XHTML output for the Epub conversion, right?
> Does that mean we don't want to use HTML5 at all? (At least until
> there's more normalization between the two?)

epub3 uses html5, and validates it (fussily). So again, I need to be
sure that my XSL produces HTML which can survive the epub tests.

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services