[tei-council] Unfinished <quotation> element in example?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Nov 22 17:43:37 EST 2012

Hi all,

Jinks seems to be showing a new error it hasn't shown before, triggered
by validation of an example in the CO chapter, in COHQ:

'warning: unfinished element "quotation": "((teix:p | teix:ab))+"
required to finish the element'

This is the relevant bit of the example:

<quotation marks="none"/>

According to the content model, this is an error:

   <content>
     <oneOrMore xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0">
       <ref name="model.pLike"/>
     </oneOrMore>
   </content>

But the content model hasn't changed since April, and the CO chapter
hasn't changed for three weeks. Does anyone remember seeing the error
before? We don't seem to have discussed the issue of the content model
of <quotation> on the Council list or on SF recently.

Should we change the content model of <quotation> to <zeroOrMore>? Or
would it be better to supply a paragraph with some explanation in the
example?

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)