[tei-council] biblscope and imprint

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sat Nov 3 09:53:35 EDT 2012

On 11/3/12 7:36 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 03/11/12 02:14, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>
>>> There is also the rather nasty Thaller example in section #COBICOL which
>>> contains an analytic, followed by two monogrs. The article in question
>>> was published twice, once in a journal and once as a free standing
>>> monograph. If we put the page numbers for the journal publication inside
>>> the analytic, as Kevin suggests, how do we know that they are not
>>> relevant to the second <monogr>?
>>
>> An excellent question.  Gabby and I didn't consider this.  I'm not sure
>> what to suggest.  :(
>>

> Hmm. That's a bit of show stopper! See my note on the ticket...
>
> http://purl.org/tei/FR/3555190

Indeed.  Perhaps we should set up sort of pointing mechanism?  Lou made
a comment that the markup was getting awfully verbose and therefore
might feel that we don't need to make it more verbose, but I don't see
how we can avoid it if we want to allow for structured citations and yet
make them machine-readable.