[tei-council] space/certainty in release 2.2.0

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Nov 2 13:44:11 EDT 2012

I think it might have been in here:

r10940 | louburnard | 2012-10-07 15:37:24 -0700 (Sun, 07 Oct 2012) | 2 lines

Separating model.descLike out from model.glossLike and changing some
class memberships per FR/3565136

So it's pretty recent. Since it breaks backward compatibility, we should:

1. Fix it.

2. Put some <space> elements in the test files, to make sure we catch
anything similar in future.

3. Do 2.2.1 fairly soon.

On 12-11-02 10:22 AM, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> Oh, I see what happened. model.certLike is no longer a member of
> model.glossLike, and when this was changed, presumably someone forgot to
> add model.certLike to <space>, which previously inherited it.
>
> Does this need a 2.2.1 release to fix (along with anything else we spot
> like this?)

> On 2012-11-02 17:16, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
>> A weird thing has happened: for the last couple of years now <space> has
>> had the same content model as <gap>: i.e. ( model.descLike |
>> model.certLike )*
>>
>> As of the latest release, however, that seems to have reverted to
>> model.descLike* only (breaking a number of my files).
>>
>> Does anyone know how this happened, and can we try to fix this asap please?

Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)