[tei-council] Speeding up Jinks builds

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 11:51:24 EDT 2012

Hi Martin,

The whitepaper I read on optimizing Jenkins is:
http://www.cloudbees.com/sites/default/files/whitepapers/7WaysToOptimizeJenkins.pdf
but really I don't think most of it applies to us.  (Well, we
could do a distributed set of VM nodes all in the same set of VM
to do different tasks, but this seems overkill.)

I'm interested in whether just throwing multiple cores and more
memory at it will give significant improvements... maybe
something we could test but upping it for a week or two to see if
it has any effect.

-James

Dr James Cummings, researchsupport at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford