[tei-council] @style

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 14:36:16 EDT 2012

On 5 Oct 2012, at 18:41, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> At the end of COHQQ I find the following rather exotic examples :
>
> <egXML xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
> corresp="#DSHD-eg-30"><said rend="PRE lsquo POST rsquo">Who-e debel
>  you?</said> — he at last said —
>  <said rend="PRE lsquo POST rsquo">you no speak-e,
>  damme, I kill-e.</said>  And so saying,
>  the lighted tomahawk began flourishing
>  about me in the dark.</egXML>

you _could_ do it as
 rend="PRE+lsquo+POST+lsquo"
I think? (or some other character). That
would preserve the horror the horror forever in amber

or point at a rendition, as Martin suggested. He is right,
you can't use @style for this.

Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services