[tei-council] TEI Candidate Question Prompt

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Sep 24 21:01:09 EDT 2012

Maybe the solution would be to add to James's " ... areas on which you
feel the TEI Consortium should focus" a parenthetical phrase like
"(bearing in mind that the Board and Council are responsible for
different areas of overall Consortium activity)"?

There's no reason Board candidates can't address features of the
Guidelines they feel are important, or Council candidates weigh in on
general TEI-C organization, but they should be reminded that the two
entitities differ in their *responsibility* for such things.

David

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Martin Holmes wrote:

> On 12-09-24 06:43 PM, James Cummings wrote:
>> On 24/09/12 16:54, Martin Holmes wrote:
>>> Looks good to me. I wonder if there's some way to add a proviso that
>>> wading in on the organization and finances etc. of the TEI is definitely
>>> not part of the job of the Council?
>>
>> I believe that is already covered by the general description of
>> the Board and Council duties that will be included. However,
>> DavidS (CC'ed here to get his attention) might be able to comment
>> more on that.
>>
>> Of course council members (and anyone else) are free to comment
>> on TEI organization and finances via the Board representative on
>> Council (Lou) or via me (or indeed any other member of the board)
>> should they wish.
>
> I take your point, but I wouldn't want to give the impression that
> standing for Council involves some sort of political orientation, or
> that your opinions on finances or whatever might bear on whether you get
> elected or not.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>

>> -James

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA