[tei-council] Schematron embedded in RelaxNG

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Sep 24 19:04:56 EDT 2012

On 12-09-24 10:52 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2012, at 17:53, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>>
>> So the next thing I thought I'd do was to generate a Schematron schema
>> from Roma based on tei_all. I went to the latest and greatest Roma, here:
>>
>> <http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Roma/>
> thats not the latest and greatest really :-}
>>
>> chose to reduce a schema from the maximum possible schema, and made no
>> changes. I generated an ISO Schematron schema from that, and got a file
>> with no constraints in it at all:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
>>          xmlns:oxdoc="http://www.oxygenxml.com/ns/doc/xsl"
>>          queryBinding="xslt2">
>>     <title>ISO Schematron rules</title>
>>
>> <!--namespaces:--><!--keys:--><!--patterns:--><!--constraints:--></schema>
>
> sorry, I cant reproduce this. I get a properly full .isosch 3 times in a row

OK, I go here:

<http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Roma/>

I choose the second option:

Reduce: create a new customization by removing elements and modules from
the largest possible schema

I press Start, then I click on Schema, then select ISO Schematron in the
drop-down select. I hit Generate, then Save. I get a 296-byte file
called myTei.isosch, which consists only of this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<schema xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
         xmlns:oxdoc="http://www.oxygenxml.com/ns/doc/xsl"
         queryBinding="xslt2">
    <title>ISO Schematron rules</title>

<!--namespaces:--><!--keys:--><!--patterns:--><!--constraints:--></schema>

Could you go through the steps you took to generate a working file?

This might just be a simple case of Roma behaving a bit weirdly if you
do exactly what I happened to do, which is ever-so-slightly different
from what you happen to do when trying to achieve the same result.

> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
> University of Oxford IT Services

Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre