[tei-council] TEI Candidate Question Prompt

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 11:24:59 EDT 2012

Dear Council,

You may have remembered that David Sewell asked us to consider if
we wanted candidates to answer specific questions. As with the
Board we said no.   However our minutes[1] say:

ACTION on JC: Council will discuss on list the precise wording of
such a prompt, JC to initiate, and report back to nominations
committee.

So this is my attempt to do so.

In addition to other information, the reminder for their
candidate statement might say something like:

===
In addition to your own qualifications for election to the TEI
Board or TEI Technical Council you may wish to address issues in
your candidate statement concerning the nature of the TEI
Consortium as an organization, membership, finances, technical
improvements, or areas on which you feel the TEI Consortium
should focus.
===

If we can have any corrections, emendations, modifications, or
suggestions to the council list up until 10am GMT on Weds 26
September (i.e. this weds), I'll feed it back to the nominations
committee at that point.

Many thanks,

-James
[1] Yes, the minutes... please proofread these up until this
Friday 28th. Take special note of actions assigned to you.

Dr James Cummings, researchsupport at it.ox.ac.uk
Research Support, IT Services, University of Oxford